Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wales parish registers available at last

The parish registers for Wales are becoming available on Find my Past including images.

This is the first time that the complete Welsh parish baptism, marriage and death records have been published online and is fantastic news for anyone with Welsh ancestors.
The records cover Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Glamorganshire. Further details are as follows:
Baptisms: 1,418,921 records covering 1538-1911
Marriages: 950,254 records covering 1539-1926
Banns: 340,002 records covering 1701-1926
Burials: 1,169,685 records covering 1539-2007
Coming soon are records for the following counties: Anglesey, Brecknockshire, Caernarvonshire, Merionethshire, Monmouthshire, Montgomeryshire, Pembrokeshire and Radnorshire.

More doors are opening!  Have found christening for Jane Bradshaw in Bangor, Wales and will expand on what I find in a later blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am testing the ability to comment on my blog from Len's computer...Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found I had to sign in with a blogger account to comment on the blog. It costs nothing to create a Google account.

    ReplyDelete