Friday, March 12, 2010

Bellamy Letter #6

722 Dufferin St.
Toronto
Dec 1906

My dear Gertie,

Just a few lines, though I am afraid it will be too late for you to get it on Xmas day to wish you & your papa a very Happy Xmas & a bright & prosperous New Year.

You will I know be lonely without your poor sister, but you know dear she is better off than to be as she was here in such terrible suffering.

I expect Grandpa, Grandma, & all from their house are going to be at our house for Xmas so we shall be quite a large party. I do wish you were going to be with us, however dearie I hope you will have a real good time.

You really must try & persuade your papa to let you at least spend a three months visit with us, I feel sure it would set you up in health, & I am sure you would like the country.

I haven't time to write you a long letter as I am so busy just now, * I know Edie sent you all the news.

All join in fondest love to you, & accept the same from your ever loving Auntie

Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment